Within the dental industry, September marks the month where we, Sealy Dental Center, want to bring awareness to gum disease and the effects it can have on your health. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is caused by a plaque build up in the gums and tooth which causes inflammation and infection. This is caused when one does not brush properly and doesn’t use the correct steps for good oral hygiene. Dr. Zboril and his staff ensure to give you a thorough cleaning and examine your mouth to check for any early signs of gum disease. But, there is good news! Gum disease is preventable if taken the proper precautions listed below:
- Brush thoroughly with a soft-bristled toothbrush both in the morning and at night
- Replace your toothbrush every three months
- Floss every day- mainly at night
- Schedule routine dental checkups with our dentists here at Sealy Dental Center
- Do not smoke or use tobacco products
As your dentist, we ensure to take proper care of you and your teeth to prevent anything from cavities, root canals, and gum disease! Call our office today at 979-885-4856!